The practice of positive questioning, or Appreciative Inquiry, brings out the best in people and organizations. To deliberately notice and focus on achievements and capabilities magnifies strengths and amplifies future possibilities.
Deliberately asking questions to uncover strengths and discover what gives you energy is a transformative process that will help to build your strengths muscle.
Here are 7 questions that will transform how you think about your strengths, your capabilities, unleashing your potential and passion to create breakthrough individual and organizational results.
- Where did you make your greatest contribution on a recent project?
- What gave you the most pride in making a positive difference?
- When were you at your absolute best?
- What surprised you the most about yourself?
- What was the most fun for you and energized you the most?
- What strengths did you call upon the most to overcome your biggest challenge?
- What do you love learning about that you can’t wait to apply in your work?